India has played 499 Test Matches (as of August 22, 2016).
1932: 1st Test
- India played their first ever test match against England back in June 25-28, 1932.
- A 3 day test match.
- That match won by the england by 158 runs.
- Scores : England – 259 & 275, England – 189 & 187
1952: 1st Test win
- India registered their first ever test win against England back in Feb 6-10, 1952 in Madras.
- England tour of India, 5th Test match of the series and India level the series by 1-1.
- That match won by the India an innings and 8 runs.
- Scores : India – 457, England – 266 & 183
- This was first win in test match for India and it was big win.
1952: 1st Test Series win
- India registered their first ever test series win against Pakistan back in 1952.
- Pakistan tour of India for 5 test match series and India won their first series win by 2-1(5).
- 1st Match, India won by an Inning and 70 runs.
- 2nd Match, Pakistan won by an Inning and 43 runs.
- 3rd Match, India won by 10 wickets.
- 4th Match, Match Draw.
- 5th Match, Match Draw.
1986: Lord’s win
- India registered their first ever test win in Lord’s at home the cricket in 5-10 June, 1986.
- Kapil Dev (India) was player of the Match who took 4 quick wickets in second inning.
- That match won by the India by 5 wickets
- Scores : England – 294 & 180, India – 341 & 136/5
1999: Kumble 10 fer
- Anil Kumble took all 10 wickets of the Pakistan’s second inning of the 2nd test match played on Feb 4-7, 1999.
- Anil Kumble – 26.3(ov) / 9(M) / 74(R) / 10(W) / 2.79(Eco)
2001: Kolkata Test
- This match is special for the Very Very Special batsmen of India who loves to play against Australians.
- VVS Laxman played 281 runs inning in second inning and India scored 657 runs after playing follow on of the first inning.
- In Second Inning, Dravid and Laxman played 104.1 overs and put up a 376 runs partnership for the 5th wicket.
- Despite of follow on India won the match by 171 runs.
- Harbhajan Singh also played a big role in that match by taking 6 quick wickets in second inning and India won the match.
- Scores : Australia – 445 & 212 , England – 171 & 657/7 dec
2013: Sachin’s 200th
- At that day it was end of the one era when Sachin Tendulkar announced his retirement from the Cricket.
- Sachin played his last match against West Indies in his home ground at Wankhede.
- Sachin not able to score the century in his last match and got out on 74 and west indies captain Sammy also fill bad when he took catch of the God of the cricket.
- Sachin made the India Proud and only because of him Indian new generation starts playing cricket and he creat the new era in the Indian Cricket.
- 25 years of his life he gave to Indian cricket he is truly genius.
2016: 500th Test